Saturday, December 3, 2011

Easier done than said:

I am always a little dumbfounded and embarrassed when I do something I should have done a long time ago and it really makes my life easier and was VERY little effort.  Case in point.  I have me one of them alarm clocks what shines a light on teh ceiling, and that light is in the shape of numbers and those numbers tell me what time it is.  Well for the longest time it was pointed in a spot that was right next to the wall.  I had to turn my head in a funny way or roll over to see the time.  It was aggravating.  I lived with it for many moons until one night I just grabbed the things, adjusted it slightly, focused it and then I could see the damn time whilst lying on my back!  WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS EARLIER I immediately thought.
Wiper blades in the car were leaving a streak when I used it, they needed to be replaced, but, daaammnn, it was work to buy the blades, then install..  After several treacherous rides where my vision was limited, I bought a set, and then installed em.. GOLLY GEE its nice to flick the switch and have CLEAN WINDERS!  Little later I was low on washer fluid, ran out..  SIgh, all that effort to purchase and fill the washer fluid (not really), but worth it..


Had some excitement..  First the power went out while I was napping..  Dont usually nap but did 3/12 and when I woke up about 5pm the fan was off, usually have it on when in the bedroom.  Then .noticed that the alarmclock was off too..  Came out and saw that EVERYTHING was off.  Didnt have the power companies #, so I tried googling it via text message on me phone but that didnt work, so I called my brother who lives a mile away and had him check (he had power)
Outage until 9pm they said.  But power came back within a hour, but the internet was out.  Called them and they said 9pm too..  Then noticed there were cop cars outside of the house, four of em, all with the lights off..  Had a couple of our neighbors in the back seats..  Then they blocked one side of the street, then the other, then 5 frigging firetrucks showed up.  Asked a cop and he said something suspicious was found and they were going to make sure it was safe..  Then the power went out again, but was back on within 20 minutes, and then the internet started working..
The cops were done about 1130, dont know what they found then, later found out that the dumbasses who lived there had a domestic (had a man-slap-fight, and when the popo responded they saw suspicious containers and needed to have it checked out..




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Girls

My Girls